The 2017 edition of the Science of Eradication: Malaria leadership development course was hosted by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute. The course provided individuals working in broad areas of malaria with a multidisciplinary perspective of disease eradication.
Faculty from the three partner institutions, as well as malaria experts from around the world, shared their expertise on a range of malaria topics including:
- Past disease eradication efforts;
- Malaria biology and epidemiology;
- Vector and parasite biology;
- Application of vector control, drug, and vaccine strategies;
- Economic and financial tools and strategies;
- Impact of social and political factors;
- Surveillance techniques; and
- Modeling to evaluate the effectiveness of eradication strategies.
This course is accredited (2 tropED ECTS credits) by the University of Barcelona.
Participants with diverse backgrounds in malaria control and research contributed to dynamic discussions on themes of malaria control and eradication.