The Science of Eradication: Malaria leadership development course offered participants the opportunity to take part in a specialized Advanced Module titled Malaria: Breaking the Cycle (Tools, Strategies, and Implementation).
Participants in the Advanced Module examined a range of topics related to malaria transmission, including:
- existing tools to reduce and prevent transmission;
- diagnostics to prevent or interrupt transmission;
- changes in transmission patterns;
- current tools for low and moderate transmission;
- incorporation of malaria risk-perception and human behavior into elimination strategic guidelines; and
- transmission blocking vaccine interventions.